Monday 22 August 2011

fashion?

I have recently been looking at my fashion sense (or lack of) with an increasingly critical eye.  I think it was an inevitability seeing as I now choose what I sell so am essentially a walking advertisement for my business.  This comes with many pros and cons, for example; I now never leave the house without my jewellery on which does make me feel more “finished”, however finding jewellery that matches the mood/era/colours of the outfit that I have chosen means that I generally don’t have time to do my makeup which leaves me feeling decidedly “unfinished”.  I know that now I am scrutinizing myself more it would make sense to pick out my outfit the night before, maybe lay it out all ready to put on but nine times out of ten when I do make the effort to do that, the following morning I hate what I picked last night and cant see why I would ever have thought that looked good.  I envy these people that seem to be able to throw anything on and breeze into town with perfect hair and makeup while I run red-faced and out of breath for the bus and then end up searching around in my huge bag for about ten minutes trying to find my ticket.  As a lover of all things vintage whenever I feel like nothing looks nice I will always retreat to cut off shorts, chunky knitwear and cropped shirts, however this has never been particularly fashionable.  Until now it would seem.  Now everywhere I look there are cosby jumpers, burgundy knee socks with cut off high waist shorts, sheer blouses with button down cardigans and of course the classic re-worked satchel bag.  Suddenly  I’m seeing people walking around proudly showing off their faux vintage coin purses or raiding their parents wardrobes for anything circa 1980.  So I’m going to enjoy this trend while it lasts, and then when its over enjoy being out of date again even more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment