Sunday 14 August 2011

August

As this is my first post I feel like I should introduce myself and my world a little bit.  I’m Hollie, I live in Cambridge with my boyfriend Sam, and our hamster Travis.  I’m obsessed with vintage clothing and accessories.  This is where my small business came from, I own a stall on Cambridge market called BoutiqueVintage from which I sell clothing from the 20’s-80’s.  I am passionate about finding unique, quirky pieces that are wearable and beautiful.  I source all of the stock myself and never buy “job lots” as I’ve found that most of the time you end up with one nice piece and fifteen write offs.  I also work as a store manager for a denim retailer so at the moment my life is quite hectic!  This blog is just an opportunity for me to write down my thoughts, feelings, ideas, inspirations and frustrations about fashion, life, love and juggling two jobs and a social life.

While I have been starting up my new business venture I have become something of a social recluse communicating only through email, twitter and facebook.  My life has revolved around getting home from my regular work as quickly as possible so that I can trawl the internet for new finds to present to my long suffering boyfriend.  I seem to have finally built up a big enough collection to sell items and not have to immediately replace them with something else.  I‘ve got to say it’s a nice place to be.  I love finding my vintage gems but working full time and keeping on top of the stall and everything else that comes with it, the website, twitter, facebook, requests etc etc was getting a little tiring!  This week I went out to lunch to a little pub by the river in Cambridge and wore a beautiful 70’s yellow silk shirt tied at the waist with a plaited brown belt, it was a lovely sunny day so I wore it with brown brogues and a cute 80’s leather shoulder bag, here's a picture of the shirt, let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment